New seed treatment combinations
My intent with each blog that I post is to inform you of new technology and/or products that may benefit your soybean production.
With this blog I inform you of a new forthcoming product from Syngenta called Clariva Complete Beans nematicide/insecticide/fungicide seed treatment, which is an on-seed application of separately registered products that has the added nematicide component for control of soybean cyst nematode (SCN). The nematicide component is in addition to the insecticide/fungicide components found in CruiserMaxx Beans with Vibrance.
The following four links provide as much detail as I can find about this product. Please be aware that all of this information is from Syngenta, the company that developed and is marketing Clariva.
Additional points for consideration are:
- The best information I can find indicates the cost of the nematicide component will increase the seed treatment cost to about $8 to $10 per acre above that for the product without the nematicide.
- The nematicide component only targets SCN and not other nematode species.
This article neither promotes nor endorses this product for Midsouth soybean producers either alone or in contrast to other similar products. Rather, it is meant to inform you of something new that may be of value to you in your system if you contend with SCN.
Toward the end of December, I anticipate having data that will provide an objective overview of the potential value of this product in relation to yield and economic return on SCN-infested soybean fields.
- USDA reminds farmers of 2014 farm bill conservation compliance
- AgGateway offers precision ag standards for seeding operations
- Phytech reveals its PlantBeat service to U.S. farmers
- Accurate plant tissue analysis starts at the crop sample
- Livestock futures tumble Wednesday morning
- Agreement to deliver real time data and precision analytics