Insect Management News
Soybean cyst nematode (SCN; Fig 1) continues to be the most serious disease pest of soybean in Kentucky... Read more.
With many soybean fields starting to yellow and mature, our concern needs to turn to late maturing... Read more.
There are some unusually large populations of green cloverworms on soybeans scattered around the state.... Read more.
As if the hot, dry weather hasn’t caused enough problems this summer, it may be contributing... Read more.
Soybeans, especially late-planted or late-maturing beans, should be monitored for bean leaf beetle feeding damage... Read more.
Last week Ohio State University mentioned to be on the lookout for the brown marmorated stink bug,... Read more.
An early soybean harvest is fast approaching amid the worst drought in decades, making it that much... Read more.
Capture of fall armyworm (FAW) moths in University of Kentucky IPM pheromone-baited traps has increased... Read more.
This year’s drought conditions may hold one benefit for soybean producers: a better opportunity than... Read more.
Gowan Company, LLC and Nisso America, Inc. announced their Federal EPA registration of Justice insecticide... Read more.
Based on visits to some fields and samples sent in to the lab here in Wooster, Ohio, there are some... Read more.
Various stinkbug species are spreading quickly throughout the United States. Growers as far apart as... Read more.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants