Insect Management News
Since 2000, soybean aphid has been the primary soybean insect pest in Iowa. Infestations are... Read more.
Soybean aphids can cause significant damage and lower yield potential on their namesake crop.... Read more.
The current recommended economic threshold for late vegetative through R5 stage soybeans is 250 aphids... Read more.
With the improvement of soybean genetics and commodity prices, odds are farmers are producing more... Read more.
We don’t know what the insect pressure will be like later on yet this year. What we can do,... Read more.
Now is a good time to start checking fields for soybean cyst nematodes (SCN) when scouting for other... Read more.
This has been a wet June with some areas receiving record shattering rainfall. The inclement weather... Read more.
In 2013, we found soybean aphids in many fields in northern Ohio. Although the aphids arrived later... Read more.
There are no major insect pests of soybean seedlings, but occasionally we do run into problems. Some... Read more.
Japanese beetle is becoming a more common field crop pest in Iowa. Literature shows adults need about... Read more.
Once again, Drs. Dave Voegtlin (retired entomologist, Illinois Natural History Survey) and Dave Hogg (Professor... Read more.
Arkansas soybean growers are facing a new enemy -- the pea weevil -- an insect that hitched a ride... Read more.
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- Evogene announces expansion of crop protection activities
- Legacy Seeds partners with Quality Seed Genetics
- The second Green Revolution seeks to leave no farmer behind
- AGCO Minnesota facility upgrades drive quality improvements
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement