Insect Management News
Iowa farmers produce soybeans profitably in fields infested with the soybean cyst nematode (SCN) by... Read more.
As if the direct effects of Iowa’s hot, dry growing season on crops were not damaging enough,... Read more.
Two-spotted spider mites are feeding on soybeans in southern and central Michigan. Spider mites are... Read more.
Across the state we have just about every condition possible in soybean this year. With the cooler... Read more.
The kudzu bug is spreading rapidly across the South – a migration that could result in significant... Read more.
Twospotted spider mites on soybeans are now a concern in the state. Numerous areas in the drier... Read more.
The drought throughout Indiana is intensifying nematode damage in farm fields, says a Purdue Extension... Read more.
Some soybean fields in northern Illinois are currently infested with whiteflies (Bemisia tabaci) said Mike... Read more.
With the persistence of hot and dry weather in parts of Ohio, we are beginning to get more reports... Read more.
According to the U.S. Drought Monitor (<http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/pics/in_dm.png>), as of June 12, 88% of Indiana is... Read more.
Locally, we’ve seen Japanese beetle adults over the past weekend, the 2nd of June. We continue... Read more.
The soybean cyst nematode (SCN) is one of the most serious soil-borne pathogens of soybean in Iowa... Read more.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture