Insect Management News
Twospotted spider mite is an occasional pest of both corn and soybean in Iowa that is exacerbated... Read more.
Bean leaf beetle (BLB) damage is being reported in scattered areas across Kentucky. Though they are... Read more.
The University of Nebraska has received several reports of millipedes damaging soybeans in southeastern and... Read more.
The planting season may be wrapping up, but the crop protection season has just begun. And there are... Read more.
In March, it was predicted that bean leaf beetles would have low overwintering mortality based on... Read more.
Accurately predicting spring bean leaf beetle infestations in Nebraska is difficult. You would think that... Read more.
Mild temperatures have kick-started an early planting season this year, as well as the potential for... Read more.
Ron Hammond and Andy Michel, Ohio State University, reported the lack of eggs at most buckthorn... Read more.
Gowan Company LLC and Nisso America Inc announced their Federal EPA registration of Justice insecticide... Read more.
As discussed in the article “How insects survive cold: The potential effect of a mild winter,”... Read more.
Most Iowa winters are harsh on overwintering bean leaf beetles. Typical statewide overwintering mortality ranges... Read more.
How will the mild winter and record-breaking high temperatures in March affect insect survival and... Read more.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants