New seed treatment combinations
My intent with each blog that I post is to inform you of new technology and/or products that may benefit your soybean production.
With this blog I inform you of a new forthcoming product from Syngenta called Clariva Complete Beans nematicide/insecticide/fungicide seed treatment, which is an on-seed application of separately registered products that has the added nematicide component for control of soybean cyst nematode (SCN). The nematicide component is in addition to the insecticide/fungicide components found in CruiserMaxx Beans with Vibrance.
The following four links provide as much detail as I can find about this product. Please be aware that all of this information is from Syngenta, the company that developed and is marketing Clariva.
Additional points for consideration are:
- The best information I can find indicates the cost of the nematicide component will increase the seed treatment cost to about $8 to $10 per acre above that for the product without the nematicide.
- The nematicide component only targets SCN and not other nematode species.
This article neither promotes nor endorses this product for Midsouth soybean producers either alone or in contrast to other similar products. Rather, it is meant to inform you of something new that may be of value to you in your system if you contend with SCN.
Toward the end of December, I anticipate having data that will provide an objective overview of the potential value of this product in relation to yield and economic return on SCN-infested soybean fields.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- USDA’s budget proposal: How will you be impacted?
- UN: China, US climate cooperation raises hopes for global deal
- Crop marekts set back from early-Friday highs
- Even as Japan balks at trade concessions, farmers move on
- Crop pests ‘vastly underestimated’ warns study
- Evogene enhances predictive gene stacking capabilities
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
Junge Control Inc.