Seeding winter wheat late and thickening stands
For more information, see these UNL Extension publications:
- Seeding Rates for Winter Wheat in Nebraska, G2056, reviews winter wheat trials in Nebraska and shows how widely the number of seeds per pound can vary within and among varieties. This led to the recommendation to plant according to seeds per acre rather than pounds per acre.
- Wind Erosion and Its Control, G1537, discusses the process through which wind erodes soil and steps growers can take to reduce potential damage.
- Emergency Wind Erosion Control, G2006, covers temporary techniques for emergency wind erosion control to protect young seedlings.
- Estimating Winter Wheat Grain Yields, G1429, describes three methods for estimating winter wheat grain yields at different points in the season.
- Wheat section of CropWatch
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?