New seed products from Asgrow and Dekalb
A new announcement is that farmers can maximize yield with an advanced lineup of Asgrow and Dekalb products available for 2015. These products are the latest group to come to market from proven high-performing brands. The contention is that farmers will have the opportunity to reduce risk and protect their investment through leading traits and the best in plant health.
The Asgrow brand’s lineup of Rock Star products features the industry’s latest soybean trait technology, Genuity Roundup Ready 2 Yield. These soybeans are developed and tested in a broad, diverse network of breeding stations to ensure agronomic fit and deliver solution-based products to the farmer. These contain a comprehensive package of defensive, maturity and standability traits, as well as other characteristics to mitigate adverse growing conditions.
“With our extensive germplasm library, we are able to give farmers a competitive edge by finding and developing seed products that have desired traits,” said Mike Bachman, Asgrow soybean product development manager. “We have confidence in our lineup of Rock Star products and are committed to breeding the best.”
The Dekalb brand’s 2015 Next Class lineup will include nearly 40 top products. These products combine leading biotechnology, diverse global germplasm and strong agronomics to offer farmers products with top yield potential, but also better crop protection and improved plant health with greater resistance from diseases and environmental stressors. Through the breeding program, new products are created by tapping an expansive foundation of germpalsm that pulls genetics from more than 30 countries. Breeders are then able to work with the best genetic “ingredients” and diversity possible in an effort to provide top products and solutions to the farmer, claims Dekalb management. With dedication to testing in varying geographies, products are also specifically tailored to each location to optimize performance.
“We are not only proud to be leaders in breeding innovation, but also proud to consistently deliver solutions to our customers, enabling them to increase efficiency on their farm, while producing top yield and profit potential,” said Matt Rowland, Dekalb product development manager. “Our farmers can plant with confidence knowing the Next Class products are well-suited for their particular growing conditions.”
- Irrigation Association to release online courses with Cal Poly
- Monsanto to invest $120 million in Argentina
- Ag markets ended Tuesday mostly lower
- Fat molecules influence function of key photosynthesis protein
- Monsanto honored for efforts in developing agriculture in Vietnam
- Corn stocks top 1.2 billion bushels
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto