Yield response to plant population for corn in Indiana
If you would like to participate in one or more on-farm seeding rate trials with corn, please download the protocol for this at the following URL and contact Bob Nielsen (email@example.com) for additional information.
The field-scale research summarized in this update has been supported, in part, by funds from the Indiana Corn Marketing Council, the Purdue Mary S. Rice Farm Fund, and the Indiana Certified Crop Adviser Program. The generous donation of seed corn by Stine Seed Company for our 2013 field trials at four Purdue Ag. Research Centers is gratefully acknowledged. Finally, the collaboration of the participating farmers, crop consultants, retail agronomists, county Extension Educators, and Purdue Ag. Research Center personnel is gratefully acknowledged.
Nielsen, RL (Bob). 2013. Thoughts on Seeding Rates for Corn. Corny News Network, Purdue Extension. Online at http://www.kingcorn.org/news/timeless/SeedingRateThoughts.html[accessed Dec 2013].
USDA-NASS. 2013 (Nov 8). Crop Production. USDA – Nat’l Ag. Statistics Service, Washington, D.C. Online at http://usda01.library.cornell.edu/usda/nass/CropProd//2010s/2013/CropProd-11-08-2013.pdf [URL accessed Dec 2013].
- Farm Market iD releases 2013 Land and Grower Database
- Even in isolated, pristine Tasmania, pressure for GMO farming
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- Maire Tecnimont to build $1.6 billion U.S. fertilizer plant
- Corn price premiums continue to fade