For Indiana farmers with a lot of acreage to plant, two Purdue Extension agronomists say it’s probably time to start planting corn while keeping in mind best agronomic practices.
The spring build-up of honey bee colonies can be directly threatened by corn planting. Insecticide seed treatments used on corn seed produce an insecticidal dust when they are planted.
Since delayed planting reduces the yield potential of corn, the foremost attention should be given to management practices that will expedite crop establishment.
No surge in corn planting…yet (04/22/14)
Corn planting behind average but progressing (04/15/14)
U.S. corn planted acreage lowest since 2010 (03/31/14)
- Corn Rootworm Fast Facts
- Agrisure Duracade Image Brochure
- Agrisure Traits Nomenclature Fact Sheet
- Agrisure Viptera Aflatoxin Sell Sheet
- Agrisure Viptera Trait Brochure
- Agrisure Viptera 3111 v. Genuity VT Double PRO Sell Sheet
- Agrisure Artesian Water Optimization Fact Sheet
- Multi-Pest Complex Fact Sheets
- Corn Rootworm Management Guide
- Agrisure Viptera 3111 Brochure
- Agrisure Artesian Brochure