Iteris announces ClearAg's EvapoSmart and IMFocus APIs to provide environmental content in support of precision irrigation for irrigation hardware manufacturers and allied agricultural data providers.
Iteris hydrologists, crop scientists and data engineers have tailored these ClearAg irrigation APIs to help irrigation management applications better understand the environment from six feet above to six feet below the land surface.
The EvapoSmart API can deliver historical and predictive weather information, provide irrigation-specific weather insights needed for water budget calculations and return insights such as precipitation amount, crop potential evapotranspiration and other parameters that help with standard water budget calculations.
The IMFocus API can track all sources and sinks of water for the plant root zone, predict when soil moisture values will reach sensitive and critical levels, consider soil texture class, plant growth and terrain information, while providing irrigation recommendations.
“Irrigation management requires continual analysis of a complex array of factors from weather and soil conditions to land topography, plant type and crop maturity,” says Caleb Midgley, product manager for irrigation solutions at Iteris. “Derived from ClearAg’s 35-year-historical and forecast weather and backed by sophisticated land-surface modeling, EvapoSmart and IMFocus APIs will help customers optimize irrigation scheduling, water conservation, and plant uptake while reducing watering costs.”
ClearAg customers can better manage water and energy inputs all while ensuring crop health and turf quality aren't compromised.
EvapoSmart API can:
· Deliver historical and predictive weather information for any location globally utilizing a proprietary analysis and forecasting system developed by ClearAg
· Provide all the irrigation-specific weather insights needed for water budget calculations in a single call
· Return insights including reference evapotranspiration, crop coefficients, crop potential evapotranspiration, precipitation amount, and other parameters that are useful for standard water budget calculations
IMFocus API can:
· Track all sources and sinks of water for the plant root zone, including irrigation activity by hardware type
· Predict when soil moisture values will reach sensitive and critical levels in the root zone
· Take into account soil texture class, plant growth, and terrain information to come up with a holistic solution that optimizes irrigation decisions
· Provide irrigation recommendations, energy cost, water cost, energy usage, water usage, and water allocation utilization on a per irrigation event basis