Factors to consider with fall fertilization in a dry year
With harvest finishing early and the potential for some nice fall weather ahead, producers may be tempted to get a jump on spring field work by doing tillage and fertilization this fall. There also may be financial incentives such as product discounts or moving expenses from one year to another.
The following agronomic concerns, briefly described here, also should be considered:
Guidelines for Soil Sampling (NebGuide 1740) - Proper procedures to collect representative soil samples
Nutrient Management for Agronomic Crops in Nebraska. This 176-page online book covers the basic principles of soil fertility for the primary, secondary and micronutrients as well as fertilizer recommendations for individual crops.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.