CF Industries announces capacity expansions
CF Industries Holdings, Inc. announced that it will construct new ammonia and urea/UAN production units at its complex in Donaldsonville, La., and new ammonia and urea units at its complex in Port Neal, Iowa. CF Industries’ board of directors has authorized expenditure of $3.8 billion for the projects and the company has retained engineering and procurement services from ThyssenKrupp Uhde through their affiliate Uhde Corporation of America. In combination, these projects will be able to produce annually 2.1 million tons of gross ammonia and upgraded products ranging from 2.0 to 2.6 million tons of granular urea and up to 1.8 million tons of UAN solutions, depending on product mix.
“We are pleased to announce definitive, large-scale nitrogen capacity expansion plans at our North American operations focused on substantially increasing our ability to serve our customers,” said Stephen R. Wilson, chairman and chief executive officer, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. “We believe that our projects will be among the first in North America to be in production. We already own suitable sites, have retained a world-class engineering partner and have completed the front end engineering and design study for key components of the projects.”
The capital cost estimate of $3.8 billion includes: engineering and design; equipment procurement; construction; associated infrastructure including natural gas connections, power supply, and product storage and handling systems; and related start-up expenses.
Expenditures for the projects have begun and will continue into 2016. The Donaldsonville project budget is $2.1 billion, with the new urea and UAN plants scheduled to come on stream in the second half of 2015 and the new ammonia plant in 2016. The Port Neal project budget is $1.7 billion with the new ammonia and urea plants scheduled to come on stream in 2016. The following table indicates the production capacity for each of the new plants and the anticipated typical product mix.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Maryland leaders stall phosphorus regulations
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- Agricultural subsidies remain a staple in the industrial world
- Canada, South Korea conclude long-delayed free trade deal
- Syngenta halts sales of new GMO corn seed in Canada
- Beans and hogs reversed recent gains Tuesday night
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.