Soybeans have high protein content, which is rich in nitrogen (N), so the crop’s need for N... Read more.
As corn harvest is concluding in Nebraska, many farmers are turning their thoughts to preparing for... Read more.
The increased number of acres planted to cover crops has raised questions on nitrogen (N) crediting... Read more.
With 85 percent of soybean and 74 percent of corn acres harvested by Oct. 27, the annual process of... Read more.
A Purdue University study shows that high-yielding, modern corn hybrids take up not only more nitrogen... Read more.
Iowa farmers now have new standards for managing fertilizers, including application. The USDA’s Natural Resources... Read more.
Nitrogen fertilizer applied to crops lingers in the soil and leaks out as nitrate for decades toward... Read more.
Fall-seeded wheat generally does not require N fertilizer for establishment. Fall-applied N or preplant N... Read more.
With harvest winding down, dry fertilizer application is underway. When it comes to the application... Read more.
Assessing all available nutrient sources is a sound principle of nutrient stewardship. Avoiding the waste... Read more.
Recent USDA Economic Research Service (ERS) data indicate that farmers are achieving higher corn yields,... Read more.
Corn in most fields across Kentucky displayed nitrogen (N) deficiency before black layer was reached.... Read more.
- Honey Bee Health Coalition releases “Bee Healthy” roadmap
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals