Soybeans have high protein content, which is rich in nitrogen (N), so the crop’s need for N... Read more.
As corn harvest is concluding in Nebraska, many farmers are turning their thoughts to preparing for... Read more.
The increased number of acres planted to cover crops has raised questions on nitrogen (N) crediting... Read more.
With 85 percent of soybean and 74 percent of corn acres harvested by Oct. 27, the annual process of... Read more.
A Purdue University study shows that high-yielding, modern corn hybrids take up not only more nitrogen... Read more.
Iowa farmers now have new standards for managing fertilizers, including application. The USDA’s Natural Resources... Read more.
Nitrogen fertilizer applied to crops lingers in the soil and leaks out as nitrate for decades toward... Read more.
Fall-seeded wheat generally does not require N fertilizer for establishment. Fall-applied N or preplant N... Read more.
With harvest winding down, dry fertilizer application is underway. When it comes to the application... Read more.
Assessing all available nutrient sources is a sound principle of nutrient stewardship. Avoiding the waste... Read more.
Recent USDA Economic Research Service (ERS) data indicate that farmers are achieving higher corn yields,... Read more.
Corn in most fields across Kentucky displayed nitrogen (N) deficiency before black layer was reached.... Read more.
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Survey shows big data use increasing
- Partnership to collaborate on bio-stimulants
- DuPont Pioneer celebrates production expansion in Ontario
- No-till may not bring hoped-for boost in global crop yields
- Crop markets moved mostly higher again Thursday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta