An early May snow followed by frequent rains throughout most of May have significantly delayed corn... Read more.
The Corn Nitrogen Rate Calculator is an online tool that allows determination of nitrogen (N) application... Read more.
Q. In the last three weeks Nebraska, and other Midwestern states have received more rain than in the... Read more.
Recent and forecasted rain events across the Midwest will lead to many fields with saturated and flooded... Read more.
Illinois is looking to bring a new fertilizer production facility to the state by offering as much... Read more.
Getting your planting completed has been your top priority this spring, and your number one headache.... Read more.
Though drought and excessive moisture are opposites, they bring similar bottom-line concerns for farmers. What... Read more.
Nitrogen depends a lot on the weather. Crops demand more of it from the soil when weather favors rapid... Read more.
Pre-sidedress soil nitrate test (PSNT) for corn was developed by Fred Magdoff in Vermont in 1984.... Read more.
Nitrogen is important for crop growth and production. Managing this valuable input for maximum plant... Read more.
When fertilizer or manure N are applied to farm fields to provide the essential nutrient used in the... Read more.
Persistent rain and saturated soils have generated concern about nitrogen fertilizer loss. Nitrogen fertilizer is... Read more.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?