Retain more manure nitrogen
Manure that is surface applied after soil temperatures drop below 50 degrees F have less chance to volatilize nitrogen. Injection or same day incorporation is always the best advice for holding and retaining manure nitrogen; it also reduces the risks of manure running off to surface waters and obviously reduces odor. How do you know when soil temperatures are below 50 degrees F? That information can be found at Michigan State University’s Enviro-weather.
Just click on the yellow dot nearest you, then select “Soil Conditions” from the list of available information. Soil temperatures are updated daily, by default you can see the last two weeks and how the soil temperatures have been trending. You can also change the date range for the display and view soil temperatures anytime in the past. There are 64 weather stations located across Michigan, with more being added each year. Many of them on your neighbor’s farm and surely one close enough to you to be quite relevant.
Enviro-weather is a weather-based information system that helps users make pest, plant production, and natural resource management decisions in Michigan. In addition to the vast array of tools and applications, it has many more links to MSU crop and weather related conditions. This site will quickly become a location you visit on a daily basis.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.