Pushing for 300-bushel corn yields
“We’ve learned that a key component to the success of this type of program is to provide the crop with not only a higher level of nutrition, but also a balanced nutrition program,” says Froehlich. “Most growers understand crops need nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, but they also must remember that sulfur, zinc and other micronutrients are needed in the right ratio for optimum performance and to push yields to a higher level. We know that phosphorus and sulfur increase nitrogen uptake efficiency and zinc improves phosphorus uptake,” he adds.
MicroEssentials SZ is a product designed as a fertilizer source that provides a balanced approach to crop nutrition. Created using patented Fusion™ technology to combine four key crop nutrients in one granule, MicroEssentials contains nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur and zinc in the ratio best suited to crop needs.
“As farmers experiment with different ways to capitalize on the yield potential of today’s hybrids and benefit from the attractive price of corn, they may want to take a closer look at their fertility programs and consider what they may be able to achieve with the high-yield systems approach,” concludes Froehlich.
A regular program of soil tests, in conjunction with crop removal rates, crop yield history and future yield goals, can help growers zero in on the right fertilizer rates needed to consistently drive higher yields.
To listen to Dan Froehlich’s full interview addressing the results of the high-yield systems approach, visit www.MicroEssentials.com.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.