Product combines sulphur and boron
H.J. Baker and its Tiger-Sul Products subsidiaries have launched TIGER Boron 2%, a product that combines sulfur and boron in an application friendly homogeneous pastille. This allows for greater spatial distribution which can provide increased absorption of boron by root hairs and improved plant health.
Sulphur is widely known as integral for protein synthesis, chlorophyll transport and nitrogen utilization creating greater crop yields. Boron is essential for nitrogen fixation as it regulates oxygen in legume nodules and also plays a structural role in cell wall development and maintenance. It is vital for reproductive growth in all crops including pollen tube growth and pollen germination.
Christopher V. B. Smith, president & CEO of H.J. Baker, said: “We are very pleased to introduce this first ever combination of sulphur and boron to the agricultural industry. Our goal is to develop products that help farmers grow healthier crops with greater yields. Boron deficiency has been described as ‘more extensive than deficiency of any other plant micronutrient’ and fixing the problem has been challenging until now.”
Smith added: “Tiger Boron 2% provides both sulphur and boron in a consistent pastille that is designed to blend with similar sized particles of macro nutrients eliminating opportunities for segregation during application. The uniform pastille provides up to seven times more spatial distribution compared to traditional forms of boron such as Ulexite.”
Wes Haun, agronomist with H.J. Baker’s Tiger-Sul Products, said: “Many soils, especially sandy, coarse textured soils are boron deficient. Even soils with high organic matter may have a hidden boron deficiency where the boron forms are not available to the plant due to high soil pH, soil moisture or calcium levels. Without sulphur, boron applications on high pH soils may be less effective. High pH soils limit boron uptake; however, sulphur creates micro sites of lower pH to enhance the plant’s ability to utilize all micronutrients more efficiently. Using Tiger Boron 2% addresses these issues and enhances the opportunity for greater crop yield.”
H.J. Baker is a name synonymous with feed, fertilizer and sulphur industries for more than 160 years. The company has more than 20 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Tiger-Sul Products is a wholly-owned subsidiary of H.J. Baker & Bro. Inc. For more information on H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc. visit their website at http://www.bakerbro.com/.
- Ag markets decidedly mixed in Wednesday night action
- Nufarm signs partnership to develop plant monitoring technology
- ASFMRA’s California chapter introduces FarmIt program
- Farm Bureau: EPA must withdraw irregular, biased rulemaking
- Canadian companies to build nutrient recovery technology facility
- U.S. fertilizer company owned by Koch brothers in patent dispute
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?