Numeric nutrient criteria in your watershed
• Could increased agricultural stakeholder involvement in open discussions with state water quality authorities, and other interested parties, foster opportunities to address state-level policies that would intensify nutrient management and water quality education?
• Could state-level strategies and public policies endorse and expand implementation of science-based nutrient best
management practices (BMPs), which adhere to the principles and objectives of 4R Nutrient Stewardship?
(Visit http://www.ipni.net/4r and www.nutrientstewardship.com)
• Could pilot efforts be undertaken in selected watersheds, to evaluate the impacts of intensified ‘4R’ BMP implementation, using rigorous water quality monitoring, to evaluate achievement of scientifically-defensible, realistically-attainable, designated use goals?
If (or when) strict water quality numeric nutrient criteria and standards are required within your state, or within your watershed,how would you cope? Could you continue to farm and economically prosper with potentially mandated reductions in nutrient use? Is it time to get more involved in supporting and implementing 4R Nutrient Stewardship?
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Blend and Bulk Tower Systems