IPNI’s 4R Nutrient Stewardship video now available
Rice is life ... for about three billion people in the world today. And, with the world's population growing every day, improved fertilizer management is now more critical than ever in order to achieve the necessary increases in rice yield and quality. The Right Way to Grow Rice is the most recent video installment in the IPNI series "The Right Way to Grow - 4R Nutrient Stewardship."
The 10 minute video details how growers can apply the 4Rs: right fertilizer source, at the right rate, at the right time, and in the right place needed to meet their rice production goals.
Two other video programs produced by IPNI and introduced in 2010 carried the message of 4R Nutrient Stewardship to audiences around the world. "The Right Way to Grow...4R Nutrient Stewardship" runs more than 11 minutes and gives an overview of the 4Rs. It explains how the 4Rs can make sense for large-scale agriculture in developed countries and also to small-holder farms in less developed countries.
"The Right Way to Grow Wheat...4R Nutrient Stewardship" is a separate video which runs more than 8 minutes and specifically addresses the economic, environmental, and social goals of sustainable agricultural systems needed to meet global demand for wheat.
For more details on IPNI's Right Way to Grow series, please visit http://www.ipni.net/article/IPNI-3279and our 4R Nutrient Stewardship Portal at http://www.ipni.net/4R.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning