CHS introduces new starter fertilizers
CHS Inc., a leading farmer-owned cooperative and a global energy, grains and foods business, announced it is introducing two new liquid starter fertilizers: CHS Aventine Complete, available through CHS Service Centers, and XLR-rate, available nationwide through CHS cooperatives and crop input retailers.
“XLR-rate liquid starter fertilizer is a high orthophosphate formulation that delivers early green-up in colder, wet soils; promotes root development for a better stand and strengthens the crop during pre-productive growth stages to overcome disease and adverse growing conditions,” said Michael Johnson, crop nutrients marketing director for CHS.
Mark Biedenfeld, business development manager for CHS, said, “CHS Aventine Complete contains a broad range of nutrients and unique chelation technology that prevents micronutrients like iron, copper, zinc and manganese from binding in the soil, which improves seedling health for a good start that’s necessary for maximum yield.”
Both XLR-rate and CHS Aventine Complete can be used as a soil or foliar application. Their low-salt formulations make both products seed and plant safe, eliminating the risk of injury or yield loss.
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Commentary: GMOs: It’s all in the name
- EPA regional head and ag leaders talk water quality