Updated fertility recommendation spreadsheet
The Fertility Recommendation Spreadsheet has been updated to provide more functionality in developing fertility recommendations based on the tri-state fertilizer recommendation. Feedback from the release last fall was used in updating this version.
New functions include:
· Phosphorus soil test results from either either Bray P1 or Mehlich III can be entered directly without conversion.
· Phosphorus and Potassium soil test reported in units of pounds per acre or part per million can be used.
· A lime recommendation sheet provides lime need adjusted based on ENP of liming source and calculates cost for product and application.
· A fertilizer recommendation sheet calculates dry fertilizer need and cost on the per acre and total field basis.
· Crops included include corn, soybeans, wheat (grain only), wheat (grain and straw), corn silage and alfalfa.
The spreadsheet can be found at http://agcrops.osu.edu/specialists/fertility/fertility-fact-sheets-and-bulletins or directly downloaded from http://agcrops.osu.edu/specialists/fertility/fertility-fact-sheets-and-bulletins/TriStateFertCalcV2013.xlsm
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?