Tessenderlo expands capacity of liquid sulfur-based fertilizers
Tessenderlo Group announced that its subsidiary Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) will construct a production facility at Hanford, Calif., and, at the same time, optimize its Fresno, Calif., facility. Both plants will produce thiosulfate fertilizers.
"This expansion allows TKI to better serve its customers’ increasing requirements in the Western region of the U.S.," stated TKI’s CEO Jordan Burns. "The extra production capacity, available in the second half of 2014, will enforce TKI’s position as the leading supplier of KTS and CaTs fertilizers."
The thiosulfate products KTS® (potassium thiosulfate solution) and CaTs® (calcium thiosulfate solution) are sulfur-based liquid specialty fertilizers that can be applied to a wide variety of crops such as grapes, nuts and vegetables.
The new Hanford facility and optimized Fresno plant are in line with Tessenderlo Group’s intentions to develop its core businesses in agriculture.
- CF Industries terminates merger discussions with Yara Intl.
- Abengoa celebrates grand opening of its first biofuels plant
- NAWG calls for more biotech wheat research
- Iowa leaders issue critical statement on EPA’s WOTUS rule
- GMO labeling foes spend big on campaigns in Oregon, Colorado
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- U.S. farmers seen cutting fertilizer use as crop prices slide
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Automated imaging system looks underground to improve crops
- Take That, Red Baron
- Understand and adapt to different communication styles
- Offshore wind farms are the future, says Statkraft CEO
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals