WATCH NOW: Tiger-Sul’s Webinar on sulphur
WATCH NOW: Free Webinar: H. J. Baker’s Tiger University has sponsored a webinar on The Agronomics & Economics of Fall Applied Sulphur.
Mike Adams moderated the discussion with Wes Haun and Drew Taylor, both with H.J. Baker, as they discussed research on the merits of fall applied sulphur. Wes Haun is a Research Agronomist with a Masters of Science in Plant Soil Science from the University of Tennessee. Drew Taylor, director of Tiger-Sul product management, has over two decades experience in the industry with a degree in Agricultural Economics from Purdue University. They discussed how adequate plant sulphur nutrition and its unique interaction with other nutrients can improve crop yields. Advanced application technology and shifts in storage and blending practices are leading the way toward getting the most from the agronomic and economic value of fall applied sulphur.
- Function of Sulphur in plant nutrition
- Sulphur reaction in soil & availability for plant uptake
- Factors influencing the sulphur cycle
- Fall application of bentonite sulphur enhances pastille breakdown
- Handling, storage and blending options for 90% PNS
- Application techniques & options for sulphur bentonite
- Variable rate programs with sulphur bentonite
- Economics of adding sulphur bentonite to your fall program
- Two-year study to review GE crops
- Verdesian Life Sciences, Mitsui and Hokusan sign agreement
- Corn increases farmland value in four states
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- DuPont to sell copper fungicide business assets to Mitsui
- Crop futures diverged from livestock markets Wednesday night
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Agricultural associations respond to government shutdown