Findings about manganese in soybean production
Manganese can do soybeans a lot of good in many situations, according to field projects and trials by DuPont Pioneer agronomists. Keith Diedrick, area agronomist, provided a lengthy write-up of findings and recommendations. A short summary of what he wrote is included here.
- Soybeans are more often deficient in manganese than in other micronutrients, and respond well to manganese fertilizers when deficient.
- Manganese is more likely to be deficient in sandy soils, dry soils, high organic matter soils, and soils with high pH levels.
- Fields with manganese deficiency are seldom affected uniformly. Manganese deficiency symptoms may also vary from field to field, and are strongly tied to soil properties.
- Plant tissue analysis is the best tool for confirming a manganese deficiency. Randomly select a number of plants, picking the youngest fully-opened trifoliate from each.
- To correct manganese deficiencies, a number of manganese sources may be used, with preference to chelated forms of manganese (as opposed to salt forms) supplied by foliar application.
- To avoid weed control efficacy and nutrient absorption issues when tankmixing with glyphosate:
- Use the label-recommended rate of spray-grade ammonium sulfate (usually 8.5 to 17 lb per 100 gallons) in the carrier, and
- Add the products in the correct order: 1) water, 2) AMS, 3) glyphosate, 4) chelated manganese (EDTA preferred).
To read the whole article with explanation of the summary click here to reach the Pioneer website content.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.