Early season weed control is a must
After starting the season with clean fields at planting, now is the time to focus on early season weed control to maintain maximum yield potential. For corn, weeds can reduce yield as soon as the V2 stage or when corn is roughly six to eight inches tall. Focus on weed control prior to the V2 stage and maintain control through at least the V14 stage. In soybeans, control weeds during the first four weeks and maintain control through canopy closure.
Sequential weed control programs, including preplant and preemergence (PRE) followed by postemergence herbicides, have consistently provided the best weed control and greatest net returns. If you did not apply preplant or PRE herbicides, Dave Johnson, DuPont Pioneer senior research scientist recommends the following management tips:
- Apply postemergence herbicides as soon as possible.
- Extend control of weeds that are still germinating with the use of residual herbicides.
- Use the recommended rate for the weed size; do not cut the use rate.
- Use high-quality adjuvants as directed on the product labels.
- Apply follow-up treatments as needed to control escapes and late-germinating weeds.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday morning
- Draft EIS comment period closes with Enlist support
- Launch of Open Ag Data Alliance supports farmer/data privacy
- MANA introduces Captan Gold
- Report: Australia could play larger role in Asian food security
- Anniversary at Bayer CropScience SeedGrowth conference
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment