The lack of reliable traits to distinguish Palmer amaranth and waterhemp during vegetative stages complicates efforts at stopping the spread of Palmer amaranth across Iowa.
Although unpredictable weather may delay application timing of spring herbicides, more growers are adding a burndown application in the fall to their weed management program.
For farmers seeing weeds in their crop fields this late in the growing season, hand-rouging and pulling them by hand may be the best way to remove them, more so than using a herbicide, a Purdue Extension weed scientist says.
Controlling large weeds: Do you feel lucky? (07/17/14)
Screening waterhemp for herbicide resistance (06/26/14)
- Tank Mix Quilt Xcel and Halex GT Sell Sheet
- Lumax EZ vs. Corvus
- Lexar EZ vs. Corvus
- Zemax Technical Presentation
- Lexar EZ and Lumax EZ Rate Comparisons
- Lexar EZ and Lumax EZ Pocket Card
- Syngenta Corn Herbicide Portfolio
- Lumax vs. Corvus Sell Sheet
- Lexar vs. Corvus Sell Sheet
- Lumax vs. Harness Xtra Sell Sheet
- Early-Season Weed Control Brochure
- Lexar vs. Harness Xtra Sell Sheet
- Benefits of Halex GT
- Callisto Plant Technology Sell Sheet
- Midwest Weed Recommendations
- Callisto Xtra Sell Sheet
- Dual II Magnum followed by Halex GT Sell Sheet
- Residual Corn Herbicide Brochure
Afternoon Comments 08/28
Rising Black Sea tensions supporting the grain markets. Sources have proven that Russian forces are in eastern Ukraine. Meanwhile rebel forces have reportedly occupied the important port town of Mariupol, which may slow the flow of Ukrainian grain to the world market. Corn is less affected than wheat, but that region produces lots of corn as well. September corn rallied 5.75 cents to $3.6175/bushel Wednesday, while December added 4.25 to $3.6925.