With the recent heavy rains, many corn and soybean fields have areas where crops are experiencing... Read more.
Since the first plant genome sequence was obtained for the plant Arabidopsis in 2000, scientists... Read more.
Last week Peter Thomison received several reports of abnormal corn emergence. Often the problems... Read more.
Looking out across wet fields, it’s tempting to consider switching to shorter season corn hybrids... Read more.
Ceres, Inc., an agricultural biotechnology and seed company, has been awarded a U.S. patent for a... Read more.
Lowering temperatures for two hours each day reduces the height of corn without affecting its seed... Read more.
Corn seedlings are most vulnerable and susceptible to damage from planting through the V6 growth stage.... Read more.
Farmers with recently planted and newly emerged corn need to watch their fields for cold injury, even... Read more.
The French parliament gave final approval on Monday to a law prohibiting the cultivation of any... Read more.
Some years, early season stand establishment problems are widespread, and in some cases, severe.... Read more.
What should producers expect if they planted corn into soils that were too wet, and what can they... Read more.
Corn planting progress throughout Indiana in 2014 has been slow to date. As of April 27, USDA-NASS... Read more.
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- New research study shows the value of neonicotinoids
- Alltech Crop Science acquires South African distributor
- Monsanto invests to transform plant breeding
- Fungicide-resistant soybean diseases spreading
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement
- No-till may not bring boost in global crop yields
- Los Angeles City Council votes to explore ban on GMO plants
- ASA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid study
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- First responders need to prepare for agroterrorism