Corn rootworm resistance to Bt corn is a significant concern for corn producers and will have a large impact on corn production in the coming years, a South Dakota State University Extension entomologist says.
Although every major field crop grown in Mississippi is responsive to at planting insect protection; field corn is perhaps the most consistent.
The cold winter thus far has prompted many folks to ask what the influence of these temperatures might be on insect and slug populations.
Corn pest decline may save farmers money (12/30/13)
Bt hybrid variety update (12/04/13)
- Enogen – Field Grown Enzymes EPM Article
- Enogen – QCCP Case Study
- Corn Rootworm Fast Facts
- Agrisure Duracade Image Brochure
- Agrisure Traits Nomenclature Fact Sheet
- Agrisure Viptera Aflatoxin Sell Sheet
- Agrisure Viptera Trait Brochure
- Agrisure Viptera 3111 v. Genuity VT Double PRO Sell Sheet
- Agrisure Artesian Water Optimization Fact Sheet
- Corn Rootworm Management Guide
- Agrisure Viptera 3111 Brochure
Afternoon Comments 03/10
Grain futures turned lower after the WASDE report release. The crop markets continued last week’s late slide Sunday night as the industry squared positions ahead of the monthly USDA WASDE report that came out late this morning. Corn futures firmed just before the report, then fell rather sharply in belated response to the data. May corn tumbled 10.75 cents to $4.7825/bushel Monday afternoon, while December sagged 6.75 to $4.78.