Syngenta announced that it has renewed and enhanced its program with Gavilon Grain, LLC, to provide grain marketing opportunities for U.S. farmers who plant Agrisure Duracade in 2015.
Fall armyworms and corn borers have long been a concern for Louisiana corn growers. While farmers in the U.S. have planted transgenic Bt corn varieties since the 1990s to biologically control pests, staying ahead of their ability to develop resistance is a constant battle.
There is no guarantee that mites will be a problem in any particular field, but dry (low humidity) weather and drought stressed plants increase the probability of a problem occurring.
Six steps to identify corn rootworm damage (07/28/14)
- Agrisure Viptera Image Brochure
- Artesian Competitive Comparison Sell Sheet
- Corn Rootworm Management Guide
- Enogen – Field Grown Enzymes EPM Article
- Enogen – QCCP Case Study
- Corn Rootworm Fast Facts
- Agrisure Duracade Image Brochure
- Agrisure Traits Nomenclature Fact Sheet
- Agrisure Viptera Aflatoxin Sell Sheet
- Agrisure Viptera 3111 v. Genuity VT Double PRO Sell Sheet
- Artesian Overview Sell Sheet
Afternoon Comments 09/18
Dollar strength probably weighed on corn prices Thursday. The U.S. dollar surged to a 14-month high overnight and is close to its highest levels since spring 2010. Greenback strength raises the cost of U.S. commodities on international markets, thereby hurting their competitiveness. Prices typically adjust downward as a result. The weekly Export Sales result for corn was mediocre. December corn futures dipped 3.5 cents to $3.3825/bushel at Thursday’s close, while May sagged 3.25 to $3.5925.