Corn rootworms are becoming a more common insect pest of corn in North Dakota. Northern corn rootworms are more common this year than the western corn rootworms.
Syngenta announced that it has renewed and enhanced its program with Gavilon Grain, LLC, to provide grain marketing opportunities for U.S. farmers who plant Agrisure Duracade in 2015.
Fall armyworms and corn borers have long been a concern for Louisiana corn growers. While farmers in the U.S. have planted transgenic Bt corn varieties since the 1990s to biologically control pests, staying ahead of their ability to develop resistance is a constant battle.
Watch for mites in this dry weather (08/13/14)
Six steps to identify corn rootworm damage (07/28/14)
- Agrisure Viptera Image Brochure
- Artesian Competitive Comparison Sell Sheet
- Corn Rootworm Management Guide
- Enogen – Field Grown Enzymes EPM Article
- Enogen – QCCP Case Study
- Corn Rootworm Fast Facts
- Agrisure Duracade Image Brochure
- Agrisure Traits Nomenclature Fact Sheet
- Agrisure Viptera Aflatoxin Sell Sheet
- Agrisure Viptera 3111 v. Genuity VT Double PRO Sell Sheet
- Artesian Overview Sell Sheet
Midday Report 10/24
Crop traders may be taking profits before the weekend. The grain and soy markets have performed well this week despite generally bearish fundamentals. That latter fact is probably the underlying reason for today’s CBOT slippage, with bullish corn traders taking profits on long positions ahead of the weekend. December corn futures dipped 4.5 cents to $3.5525/bushel late Friday morning, while May lost 4.5 to $3.775.