Corn rootworms are becoming a more common insect pest of corn in North Dakota. Northern corn rootworms are more common this year than the western corn rootworms.
Syngenta announced that it has renewed and enhanced its program with Gavilon Grain, LLC, to provide grain marketing opportunities for U.S. farmers who plant Agrisure Duracade in 2015.
Fall armyworms and corn borers have long been a concern for Louisiana corn growers. While farmers in the U.S. have planted transgenic Bt corn varieties since the 1990s to biologically control pests, staying ahead of their ability to develop resistance is a constant battle.
Watch for mites in this dry weather (08/13/14)
Six steps to identify corn rootworm damage (07/28/14)
- Agrisure Viptera Image Brochure
- Artesian Competitive Comparison Sell Sheet
- Corn Rootworm Management Guide
- Enogen – Field Grown Enzymes EPM Article
- Enogen – QCCP Case Study
- Corn Rootworm Fast Facts
- Agrisure Traits Nomenclature Fact Sheet
- Agrisure Viptera Aflatoxin Sell Sheet
- Agrisure Viptera 3111 v. Genuity VT Double PRO Sell Sheet
- Artesian Overview Sell Sheet
Afternoon Comments 10/30
Thursday’s corn export data was rather disappointing. Corn futures rose slightly Thursday morning despite the soy setback from Wednesday’s late highs. Yellow grain prices later followed beans lower, due in part to likely trader disappointment with the results of the weekly USDA Export Sales report. December corn futures sagged 1.25 cents to $3.74/bushel at their Thursday settlement; May also lost 1.25 to $3.9575.