USDA: Rising corn stocks to drive down prices
Despite higher December forecasts for U.S. corn use for feed and ethanol, USDA continues to forecast significantly higher U.S. and global corn stocks and lower prices for corn in 2013/14 (September/August marketing year).
click image to zoom Total U.S. corn production is forecast at 355.3 million tons, up 30 percent from the drought-damaged 2012/13 crop, while total use is forecast to rise 12 percent from 2012/13.
Key sources of demand growth for corn in 2013/14 are a 20 percent increase in feed and residual use, and a 6 percent increase in the use of corn for ethanol production.
Lower corn prices combined with relatively high prices for ethanol and distillers dried grains (DDG) have boosted ethanol production.
Even with increased use, U.S. ending stocks of corn are forecast at 45.5 million tons, more than twice the estimate of U.S. ending stocks for 2012/13 and accounting for nearly all the forecast rise in global stocks.
The U.S. corn price received by farmers for 2013/14 is forecast at $4.05 to $4.75 per bushel, with the midpoint forecast of $4.40/bushel down sharply from the record season-average price of $6.89 per bushel in 2012/13.
The chart can be found in the Feed Grain Chart Gallery, with accompanying analysis in Feed Outlook: December 2013.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- ARA and TFI provide details of ResponsibleAg program
- FMC to split into two public companies
- Marrone Bio Innovations receives patent for biofungicide
- Central Valley Ag, United Farmers Cooperative propose merger
- As Dow seeks growth, new Enlist crop/chemicals seen as key
- China GMO research funding slides
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.