Syngenta introduces 70 corn hybrids for 2013
Syngenta has introduced a diverse line-up of 70 new corn hybrids for the 2013 planting season. The new offering includes 27 hybrids containing genetics that are new to the market. Data from 3,988 Syngenta trials indicates that hybrids with the new genetics out-yielded competitive hybrids by 4.9 bu/A.
Six of the new hybrids feature Agrisure Artesian technology. Hybrids with Agrisure Artesian technology offer growers an unprecedented level of season-long drought tolerance. In Syngenta field trials across a variety of water availability levels, soil types and geographies, hybrids with Agrisure Artesian technology have demonstrated the ability to deliver up to 15 percent more yield under drought conditions, while maximizing yield in ideal moisture environments.
Also available this year are hybrids containing the Agrisure Viptera 3220 E-Z Refuge trait stack and the Agrisure 3122 E-Z Refuge trait stack. These products feature a 5 percent integrated, single-bag refuge for Midwestern corn growers—promoting stewardship with utmost convenience. The Agrisure Viptera 3220 E-Z Refuge trait stack offers dual modes of action to control corn borer and above-ground lepidopteran pests, while hybrids with the Agrisure 3122 E-Z Refuge trait stack are intended for use in areas where both corn rootworm and lepidopteran pest management are primary concerns. Both products received EPA registration in July 2012.
“The development of these new hybrids demonstrates our commitment to address the unique needs of every grower,” said Eric Boersma, corn genetics portfolio manager, Syngenta. “In pairing our diverse, high-performing genetics with our industry-leading traits, we can help farmers maximize their return on investment by giving them the tools necessary to grow more corn.”
Other new hybrids incorporate the Agrisure 3000GT triple stack, the only triple stack with no history of yield drag; the Agrisure GT trait, which provides tolerance to glyphosate-based herbicides; and the Agrisure Viptera 3111 trait stack, a combination of the Agrisure 3000GT triple stack and the Agrisure Viptera trait that provides growers with comprehensive multi-pest control of 14 above- and below-ground pests and features both glyphosate and glufosinate tolerance.
To learn more about the characteristics of each hybrid, visit www.syngentaseeds.com or contact a Garst or Golden Harvest dealer or NK retailer.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants