Syngenta introduces 102 corn hybrids for 2014 planting
“We are incredibly excited about our entire new class of hybrids for the 2014 season,” said Eric Boersma, head of corn seed product management at Syngenta. “Through new combinations, a broader genetic pool, and an innovative digital breeding process, Syngenta genetics have achieved an extraordinary rate of genetic gain over the past six years.”
Boersma added, “In addition to these exciting new hybrids, Syngenta has refined the seed sizing for Golden Harvest and NK corn hybrids to provide growers clarity in their seed purchasing decisions. All seed in 2014 will be in 80,000 kernel units, regardless of seed size.”
1Mortality Impact of Bt Transgenic Maize Roots Expressing eCry3.1Ab, mCry3A, and eCry3.1Ab on Western Corn Rootworm Larvae in the Field. Bruce E. Hibbard, Daniel L. Frank, Ryan Kurtz, Eric Bourdreau, Mark R. Ellersieck, and J. Frederick Odhiambo. Journal of Economic Entomology, 2001. 104 (5). 1583-1591.
2For this research, Syngenta defines a yield environment of 50–99 bu./acre as “Severe” and fewer than 50 bu/acres as “Extreme”.
3Council for Agriculture Science and Technology. “Mycotoxins: Risks in Plant, Animal, and Human Systems.” Task Force Report 139. Ames, IA. 2003.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Hawaiian GMO crop registry implementation halted
- Maryland leaders stall phosphorus regulations
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- Agricultural subsidies remain a staple in the industrial world
- Canada, South Korea conclude long-delayed free trade deal
- Syngenta halts sales of new GMO corn seed in Canada
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
A.J. Sackett Blend Towers
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company