Should UAN and residual herbicides be in a tank mix?
Degree Xtra is one of the few residual herbicides labeled for postemergence applications with UAN as a carrier; however, you should be aware of these aspects:
- Temperature should not exceed 85°F within 24 hours of application.
- Some leaf burn may occur.
- Surfactants, crop oil, or other additives are not recommended unless specified.
- See label for specific tank mix restrictions.
Some fertilizer salts, including UAN, can be used as herbicide additives in a small quantity to increase herbicide efficacy; however, this use would not supply much nitrogen relative to the total nitrogen requirement of the crop. A few herbicides, such as Python and Resolve DF, allow mixing UAN as a carrier at 2 quarts UAN per acre when applied after corn emergence; however, they cannot be applied with UAN as the total carrier because excessive corn injury may occur.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement