Updated: Kochia control in corn
It should be noted that Balance Flexx and Corvus can be applied either preemergence or up through the 2-leaf stage of corn. If applied postemergence to corn, Balance Flexx and Corvus can be applied with atrazine only. No glyphosate or other adjuvants can be used. These products can do an excellent job of controlling kochia throughout the season if they are tankmixed with at least 1 lb/acre of atrazine. These products require moisture for soil activation, however they do have foliar activity.
Lumax and Lexar, which are best used as preemergence treatments, can also be applied early postemergence up to 12-inch corn when weeds are very small. Although waiting until this stage before application may work for controlling kochia, it is risky. Also, to get adequate grass control, these products must be applied preemergence to the grass.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement