Expect more soil insecticide used with Bt hybrids
Gray said that more research is needed on the potential insect resistance management benefits of a soil insecticide used in combination with a Bt hybrid.
“I think it is worth mentioning that one of the key benefits touted concerning the use of Bt hybrids for corn rootworm management was the reduction of soil insecticide use,” he said. “It is a bit surprising that 10 years after the first Bt hybrids entered the marketplace for corn rootworms in 2003 that a heightened interest in the use of soil insecticides has surfaced in such a significant fashion.”
Gray concluded that, unlike the record-breaking warm temperatures of March 2012 that caused early emergence of western corn rootworm, this year’s weather does not favor early emergence.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- ARA and TFI provide details of ResponsibleAg program
- FMC to split into two public companies
- Marrone Bio Innovations receives patent for biofungicide
- Central Valley Ag, United Farmers Cooperative propose merger
- As Dow seeks growth, new Enlist crop/chemicals seen as key
- China GMO research funding slides
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”