Corn-on-corn production needs more diligence
“If a farmer is experiencing heavy pressure and unexpected feeding, the best choice is to rotate to soybeans next season,” says Samuel, “but that may not be a choice farmers can or are willing to make given the economics. Planting pyramided products, like Genuity SmartStax RIB Complete™ corn blend, using an insecticide on single mode of action products or even considering an adult program to limit the amount of egg-laying females later in the season are all potential tools in heavily infested areas.”
Monsanto offers a wide selection of corn products with different hybrid characteristics and trait packages that can be planted successfully in a corn-on-corn situation, and Monsanto’s seed dealers, sales representatives or agronomists work with growers to understand the circumstances and the history of their fields to provide solutions that maximize productivity every year.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Junge Control Inc.