Bt transgenic corn update
The Bt corn trait table that is available on our Agronomic Crops Insects web site (http://oardc.osu.edu/ag/) has been updated as of Nov. 1, 2013. This table lists almost all of the hybrids available for growers and the pests they manage, along with the refuge requirements. However, make sure you read the bag label and information for all needed information and requirements.
The reason why this table is not completely up-to-date is that Pioneer just announced last week the release of a new Bt product in their Optimum family, Leptra. Leptra is a combination of Herculex 1 (Cry1F), YieldGard Corn Borer (Cry1Ab), and Agrisure Viptera (Vip3A). However, Ohio growers should know that this product is intended for the southern U.S. where it will help in the management of the numerous above-ground lepidopteran pests in that part of the country, including various corn borers, corn earworm and fall armyworm. Thus, Ohio growers should not expect to see this available anytime soon in our state. Currently, it does not contain a Bt protein for rootworm control.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Research shows GM crops safe, no special labeling needed
- Taiwan passes new GMO tolerance regulations
- Middle East drought a threat to global food prices
- Canada orders railways to boost grain shipments to ease logjam
- Weak Asian markets weighed on crop markets Sunday night
- El Niño could strike as early as summer
- Spectacular economic growth in China has a downside: drought
- New soil health toolbox evaluates plant available nutrients
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- Bayer CropScience to acquire Biagro Group
- USGC sees potential problems for Ukraine farmers
- DuPont Pioneer and Hexima announce new insect protection
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.