Bt corn hybrid traits and refuge requirements
Bt corn is now available in a great many products and with efficacy against a variety of insects. Also, a range of resistance management plans is associated with different hybrid families, some requiring an external refuge and some with the refuge seed already mixed into the bag at the appropriate rate.
As you choose hybrids, be sure that your selections have the insect control and herbicide tolerance traits you desire.
Entomologists at Michigan State University and the University of Wisconsin-Madison have developed a convenient publication summarizing all available Bt corn hybrids, their traits and refuge requirements. The Handy Bt Trait Table is available online.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning