Bt corn hybrid traits and refuge requirements
Bt corn is now available in a great many products and with efficacy against a variety of insects. Also, a range of resistance management plans is associated with different hybrid families, some requiring an external refuge and some with the refuge seed already mixed into the bag at the appropriate rate.
As you choose hybrids, be sure that your selections have the insect control and herbicide tolerance traits you desire.
Entomologists at Michigan State University and the University of Wisconsin-Madison have developed a convenient publication summarizing all available Bt corn hybrids, their traits and refuge requirements. The Handy Bt Trait Table is available online.
- Agrium partners with Actagro for soil, plant health products
- Arcadia Co-op to merge with Allied Cooperative
- Wisconsin's Biggest Weed contest winners announced
- Work happiness factors ranked in new survey
- Netafim USA announces strategic alliance with T-L Irrigation
- Ag markets are generally mixed in early Friday trading
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting