Bt corn hybrid traits and refuge requirements
Bt corn is now available in a great many products and with efficacy against a variety of insects. Also, a range of resistance management plans is associated with different hybrid families, some requiring an external refuge and some with the refuge seed already mixed into the bag at the appropriate rate.
As you choose hybrids, be sure that your selections have the insect control and herbicide tolerance traits you desire.
Entomologists at Michigan State University and the University of Wisconsin-Madison have developed a convenient publication summarizing all available Bt corn hybrids, their traits and refuge requirements. The Handy Bt Trait Table is available online.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants