Bt corn hybrid traits and refuge requirements
Bt corn is now available in a great many products and with efficacy against a variety of insects. Also, a range of resistance management plans is associated with different hybrid families, some requiring an external refuge and some with the refuge seed already mixed into the bag at the appropriate rate.
As you choose hybrids, be sure that your selections have the insect control and herbicide tolerance traits you desire.
Entomologists at Michigan State University and the University of Wisconsin-Madison have developed a convenient publication summarizing all available Bt corn hybrids, their traits and refuge requirements. The Handy Bt Trait Table is available online.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals