Bt corn hybrid traits and refuge requirements
Bt corn is now available in a great many products and with efficacy against a variety of insects. Also, a range of resistance management plans is associated with different hybrid families, some requiring an external refuge and some with the refuge seed already mixed into the bag at the appropriate rate.
As you choose hybrids, be sure that your selections have the insect control and herbicide tolerance traits you desire.
Entomologists at Michigan State University and the University of Wisconsin-Madison have developed a convenient publication summarizing all available Bt corn hybrids, their traits and refuge requirements. The Handy Bt Trait Table is available online.
- Evogene announces expansion of crop protection activities
- Legacy Seeds partners with Quality Seed Genetics
- The second Green Revolution seeks to leave no farmer behind
- AGCO Minnesota facility upgrades drive quality improvements
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- New research study shows the value of neonicotinoids
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement
- No-till may not bring boost in global crop yields
- Los Angeles City Council votes to explore ban on GMO plants
- ASA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid study
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- First responders need to prepare for agroterrorism