Indiana corn is developing ahead of the weather-damaged crop of 2009 when similarly wet conditions... Read more.
Expected corn yields are high for many areas of the corn-belt. In central Illinois, for example,... Read more.
Issues with purple coloration of corn plants sometimes occur about mid-August or later. It is perhaps... Read more.
Cereal rye (Secale cereale) is a popular cover crop in eastern Kansas, either alone or in a mixture,... Read more.
Corn producers can often increase profit by minimizing or eliminating tillage. Potential advantages of reducing... Read more.
Farmers should look now for storage options for 2014's bumper corn harvest. University of Missouri Extension... Read more.
Temperatures have generally been cooler than usual during this year’s corn grain-fill period. In addition, over... Read more.
The USDA's August Crop Production report forecast the 2014 U.S. average corn yield at 167.4 bushels... Read more.
Of all the issues farmers must contend with, aflatoxin-contaminated grain can be one of the most... Read more.
This week the University of Wisconsin Plant Disease Diagnostic Clinic confirmed Goss’s wilt in... Read more.
Fall armyworms and corn borers have long been a concern for Louisiana corn growers. While farmers... Read more.
After several years of speculation about the occurrence of Goss’s bacterial wilt and leaf blight... Read more.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?