Expected corn yields are high for many areas of the corn-belt. In central Illinois, for example,... Read more.
Issues with purple coloration of corn plants sometimes occur about mid-August or later. It is perhaps... Read more.
Cereal rye (Secale cereale) is a popular cover crop in eastern Kansas, either alone or in a mixture,... Read more.
Corn producers can often increase profit by minimizing or eliminating tillage. Potential advantages of reducing... Read more.
Farmers should look now for storage options for 2014's bumper corn harvest. University of Missouri Extension... Read more.
Temperatures have generally been cooler than usual during this year’s corn grain-fill period. In addition, over... Read more.
The USDA's August Crop Production report forecast the 2014 U.S. average corn yield at 167.4 bushels... Read more.
Of all the issues farmers must contend with, aflatoxin-contaminated grain can be one of the most... Read more.
This week the University of Wisconsin Plant Disease Diagnostic Clinic confirmed Goss’s wilt in... Read more.
Fall armyworms and corn borers have long been a concern for Louisiana corn growers. While farmers... Read more.
After several years of speculation about the occurrence of Goss’s bacterial wilt and leaf blight... Read more.
Mycogen Seeds is adding 19 new corn hybrids to the lineup for the 2015 growing season. “Many... Read more.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance