South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Friday, August 23, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 3 to 8 cents higher.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans had too few bids to trend.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 6 to 8 cents higher.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 40 to 43 cents higher.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
CORN: Country Elevators---4.59 at Kingstree; 4.59 at Lynchburg; 4.81 at Estill;
Processors---5.20 at Orangeburg 2; 5.30 and *5.20 at Monetta; 5.40 and *5.30 at
Sumter; 5.00 and *5.00 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---*12.53 at Anderson; *12.75 at Kingstree; *12.75 at
Lynchburg; 13.68 and *13.00 at Estill; Processors---14.28 and *13.18 at Kershaw;
Export---13.08 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---4.49 and *5.60 at Kingstree; 4.49 and *5.60 at
Lynchburg; No Bid at Estill; Processors---7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 4.59 12.75 4.49 5.60
Lynchburg 4.59 12.75 4.49 5.60
Estill 4.81 13.68 13.00 No Bid
Orangeburg 2 5.20
Monetta 5.30 5.20
Sumter 5.40 5.30
Cassatt 5.00 5.00
Kershaw 14.28 13.18
Mt. Pleasant 13.08
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting