South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Friday, August 23, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 3 to 8 cents higher.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans had too few bids to trend.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 6 to 8 cents higher.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 40 to 43 cents higher.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
CORN: Country Elevators---4.59 at Kingstree; 4.59 at Lynchburg; 4.81 at Estill;
Processors---5.20 at Orangeburg 2; 5.30 and *5.20 at Monetta; 5.40 and *5.30 at
Sumter; 5.00 and *5.00 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---*12.53 at Anderson; *12.75 at Kingstree; *12.75 at
Lynchburg; 13.68 and *13.00 at Estill; Processors---14.28 and *13.18 at Kershaw;
Export---13.08 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---4.49 and *5.60 at Kingstree; 4.49 and *5.60 at
Lynchburg; No Bid at Estill; Processors---7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 4.59 12.75 4.49 5.60
Lynchburg 4.59 12.75 4.49 5.60
Estill 4.81 13.68 13.00 No Bid
Orangeburg 2 5.20
Monetta 5.30 5.20
Sumter 5.40 5.30
Cassatt 5.00 5.00
Kershaw 14.28 13.18
Mt. Pleasant 13.08
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture