South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Friday, August 16, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 8 to 10 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were too few bids to trend.
US 2 Red Wheat was too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 8 to 9 cents lower.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were mostly 6 to 7 lower, one location 20 lower.
CORN: Country Elevators---4.53 at Kingstree; 4.53 at Lynchburg; 4.64 at Estill;
Processors---5.13 at Orangeburg 2; 5.43 and *5.13 at Monetta; 5.18 and *5.08 at
Sumter; 4.93 and *4.93 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---*11.84 at Anderson; *12.08 at Kingstree; *12.08 at
Lynchburg; 13.09 and *12.29 at Estill; Processors---13.62 and *12.52 at Kershaw;
Export---12.40 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---No Bid at Kingstree; No Bid at Lynchburg; No Bid at
Estill; Processors---7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 4.53 12.08 4.43
Lynchburg 4.53 12.08 4.43
Estill 4.64 13.09 12.29 No Bid
Orangeburg 2 5.13
Monetta 5.43 5.13
Sumter 5.18 5.08
Cassatt 4.93 4.93
Kershaw 13.62 12.52
Mt. Pleasant 12.40
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- Rust detected in Ark. soybeans, but won’t affect current crop
- Select soybean varieties with genetic disease resistance
- Landmark Services Cooperative, Curry Seeds sign agreement
- Bullish outlook for feed grains, global food trade
- Try to apply fall herbicide treatments before December
- USDA to improve rural telecommunications infrastructure
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta