South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Fri July 5, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
SC Farm Report on Friday
*South Carolina Auctions are Closed this week due to 4th of July Holiday.
Auctions will resume next week Monday, July 8th.*
Hogs on Thursday. Plant delivered weighted average. National direct Barrows &
Gilts US 1 50-54% lean 240-400 lbs 77.29, up 1.23. Sows live price 300-450 lbs
69.35; 450-500 lbs 70.90; 500-550 lbs 72.04.
SC Grain on Friday: Corn was mostly 6 cents to 7 cents higher; one location
18 cents lower, processor bids 7.05-7.71. Soybeans were mixed; 9 cents lower to
5 cents higher, elevator bids 14.08-15.07, processor bid 15.47. Wheat was steady
to 27 cents lower; mostly 7 cents lower.
Cotton on Friday. Southeast base price for 41-4/34 grade was not available.
Fruits & Vegetables: Prices paid to SC growers at the Columbia State Farmers
Market on Friday. Beans bucrts Snap 33.00; Blackberries 12 1 pt cntrs 23.00-
26.00; Corn 5 dz sks Bi-Color/White 13.00-15.00;Cucumbers bucrts Pickles sml-med
32.00-35.00; Greens dz bchs Collards/ Mustard/Turnips 14.00-16.00, ctns bnchd
Kale 24s 12.00-14.00; Nectarines 1/2 bubskt Yellow Flesh Fair Quality 15.00;
Onions, dry 50 lb sks Carolina Sweet type Jbo 20.00-24.00; Onions, Green 2 dz
bnchs Med 10.00; Peaches 1/2 bubskts Yellow Flesh 14.00-18.00; Plums 1/2 bubskts
Red/Black/Green 25.00-30.00; Squash 1/2 buctns Zucchini Sml 16.00, 3/4 buctns
Yellow Crookneck Sml 17.00. OUT OF STATE PRODUCE: Tomatoes 25 lb ctns 25 lb ctns
Vine Ripe Turning Red Xlge & Lgr 13.00-15.00;Watermelons per melon Red Flesh
Seedless 10-12 lbs 1.00, 12-14 lbs 1.50, 14-16 lbs 2.00-2.50, 18-22 lbs 3.00-
3.50; Red Flesh Seeded 14-16 lbs 1.25-2.50, 18-24 lbs 2.50-3.50, 28-32 lbs 3.50-
For detailed reports go to www.ams.usda.gov/marketnews.htm or
Or phone USDA-SCDA Market News at 803-737-4491 or 4497.
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC 803-737-4491.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Responsible Ag begins auditor training, opens training center
- The World Series of ag: What inning is your business in?
- Midwest Cover Crops Guide available to help growers
- Gladstone Land has $24.6 million farm acquisition in California
- Nutrient removal rates by grain crops
- AFBF: What EPA isn’t telling you about its latest CWA rule
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Cronus Chemicals chooses Illinois for fertilizer plant