South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Thursday, May 16, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 7 to 10 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 14 to 15 cents higher.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn 8 to 10 cents lower.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 7 to 9 cents higher.
9New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was 5 to 10 cents lower.
CORN: Country Elevators---*5.34 at Kingstree; *5.34 at Lynchburg; N/A and
*N/A at Estill; Processors---6.61 at Orangeburg 2; 7.72 and *6.04 at Monetta;
7.24 and *5.98 at Sumter; 6.91 and *5.64 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---No bid at Anderson; *11.58 at Kingstree; *11.58
at Lynchburg; 13.38 at Orangeburg; N/A and *N/A at Estill; Processors---
14.57 and *12.07 at Kershaw; Export---No Bid at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.37 at Anderson; *5.38 at Kingstree *5.38 at
Lynchburg; *N/A at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2; *5.53
at Sumter; 7.75 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 5.34 11.58 5.38
Lynchburg 5.34 11.58 5.38
Estill N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Monetta 7.72 6.04
Sumter 7.24 5.98 5.53
Cassatt 6.91 5.64
Kershaw 14.57 12.07
Mt. Pleasant No Bid
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- No export bonanza this year from record U.S. harvest
- Breeding soybeans that can tolerate heat, drought
- Crop storage issues may be less severe than anticipated
- Summit on herbicide resistance now available online
- Ag markets proved generally mixed Monday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals