South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Monday, May 06, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was mostly 24 to 25 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were mixed; 2 cents higher to 18 cents lower.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 15 to 20 cents lower.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were steady to 14 cents lower.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was mostly 16 to 20 cents lower.
CORN: Country Elevators---*5.40 at Kingstree; *5.40 at Lynchburg; 7.07 and
*5.60 at Estill; Processors---6.56 at Orangeburg 2; 7.56 and *6.09 at Monetta;
7.19 and *6.04 at Sumter; 6.87 and *5.78 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---No bid at Anderson; *11.47 at Kingstree; *11.47
at Lynchburg; 12.99 at Orangeburg; 13.88 and *12.00 at Estill; Processors---
14.39 and *11.97 at Kershaw; Export---No Bid at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.32 at Anderson; *5.53 at Kingstree *5.53 at
Lynchburg; *6.03 at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2; *5.59
at Sumter; 7.75 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 5.40 11.47 5.53
Lynchburg 5.40 11.47 5.53
Estill 7.07 5.60 13.88 12.00 6.03
Monetta 7.56 6.09
Sumter 7.19 6.04 5.59
Cassatt 6.87 5.78
Kershaw 14.39 11.97
Mt. Pleasant No Bid
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?