South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Friday, April 05, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was steady to 6 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 10 to 11 cents lower.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was mostly 1 to 5 cents lower; one location 12 higher.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 5 to 9 cent lower.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was mostly 5 to 9 cents higher.
CORN: Country Elevators---*5.32 at Kingstree; *5.32 at Lynchburg; n/a and
*n/a at Estill; Processors---6.49 at Orangeburg 2; 7.29 and *6.02 at Monetta;
7.12 and *5.97 at Sumter; 6.68 and *5.75 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---No bid at Anderson; *11.64 at Kingstree; *11.64
at Lynchburg; 12.72 at Orangeburg; n/a and *n/a at Estill; Processors---
13.72 and *12.18 at Kershaw; Export---14.16 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.54 at Anderson; *5.55 at Kingstree *5.55 at
Lynchburg; n/a and *n/a at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2; *5.52
at Sumter; 7.75 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 5.32 11.64 5.55
Lynchburg 5.32 11.64 5.55
Estill n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
Monetta 7.29 6.02
Sumter 7.12 5.97 5.52
Cassatt 6.68 5.75
Kershaw 13.72 12.18
Mt. Pleasant 14.16
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta