South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Friday, March 22, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 7 to 8 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 8 to 9 cents lower.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was mostly 2 to 5 cents lower, one location 3 higher.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were mostly 11 cents lower, one location 3 higher.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was mostly 2 to 30 cents lower, one location 2 cents higher.
CORN: Country Elevators---n/a at Kingstree; *5.76 at Lynchburg; 7.56 and *5.65
at Estill; Processors---7.46 at Orangeburg 2; 8.26 and *6.46 at Monetta; 8.11
and *6.26 at Sumter; n/a at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---No bid at Anderson; n/a at Kingstree; *12.03 at
Lynchburg; 13.50 at Orangeburg 2; 14.51 and *12.34 at Estill; Processors---14.51
and *12.54 at Kershaw; Export---14.91 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.79 at Anderson; n/a at Kingstree *5.79 at Lynchburg;
6.04 and *6.01 at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2; *5.96 at Sumter; 7.75
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree n/a n/a n/a
Lynchburg 5.76 12.03 5.79
Orangeburg 2 13.50
Estill 7.56 5.65 14.51 12.34 6.04 6.01
Orangeburg 2 7.46
Monetta 8.26 6.46
Sumter 8.11 6.26 5.96
Kershaw 14.51 12.54
Mt. Pleasant 14.91
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?