South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Friday, March 15, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was steady to 2 cents higher.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 9 to 11 cents lower.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 2 to 3 cents higher.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were mixed; 1 cent lower to 2 cents higher.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was mixed; 9 cents to 1 cent higher.
CORN: Country Elevators---n/a at Kingstree; *5.66 at Lynchburg; 7.47 and *5.87
at Estill; Processors---7.38 at Orangeburg 2; 8.18 and *6.36 at Monetta; 8.02
and *6.16 at Sumter; 7.99 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---No bid at Anderson; n/a at Kingstree; *n/a at
Lynchburg; 13.34 at Orangeburg 2; 14.36 and *12.31 at Estill; Processors---14.36
and *12.51 at Kershaw; Export---14.76 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.70 at Anderson; n/a at Kingstree *5.69 at
Lynchburg; 6.14 and *6.99 at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2;
*5.84 at Sumter; 7.75 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree n/a n/a n/a
Lynchburg 5.66 12.01 5.70
Orangeburg 2 13.34
Estill 7.47 5.87 14.36 12.31 6.23 6.90
Orangeburg 2 7.38
Monetta 8.18 6.36
Sumter 8.02 6.16 5.86
Kershaw 14.36 12.51
Mt. Pleasant 14.76
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?