South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Thursday, January 31, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was steady to 1 cent higher.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 7 to 11 cents lower.
US 2 Red Wheat was steady to 7 cents lower.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was steady to 2 cents lower.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was mostly 6 to 7 cents lower; one location 1 higher.
CORN: Country Elevators---7.20 at Kingstree; *5.96 at Lynchburg; 7.61 and *6.15
at Estill; Processors---7.60 at Orangeburg 2; 8.42 at Monetta; 8.28 and *6.35 at
Sumter; 8.00 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---13.93 at Anderson; 13.68 at Kingstree; 14.06 at
Lynchburg; 13.78 at Orangeburg 2; 14.39 and *12.98 at Estill; Processors---14.69
at Kershaw; Export---No bid at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*7.43 at Anderson; 7.20 at Kingstree; *6.74 at
Lynchburg; 6.80 and *7.18 at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2; *7.73
at Sumter; 7.75 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Anderson 13.93 7.43
Kingstree 7.20 13.68 7.20
Lynchburg 5.96 14.06 6.74
Orangeburg 2 13.78
Estill 7.61 6.15 14.39 12.98 6.80 7.18
Orangeburg 2 7.60
Sumter 8.28 6.35 7.73
Mt. Pleasant No Bid
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- Responsible Ag begins auditor training, opens training center
- The World Series of ag: What inning is your business in?
- Midwest Cover Crops Guide available to help growers
- Gladstone Land has $24.6 million farm acquisition in California
- Nutrient removal rates by grain crops
- AFBF: What EPA isn’t telling you about its latest CWA rule
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Cronus Chemicals chooses Illinois for fertilizer plant